Gothenburg sex scandal dean replaced by woman
Published: 9 Feb 08 10:55 CET
Karin Burstrand has been appointed as the new Dean of Gothenburg - the first time a woman has been appointed to the post. The Church of Sweden has gone for Burstrand following the shock resignation of her predecessor in a church sex scandal.
The Local reported on February 5th that the then Dean of Gothenburg, the second most senior priest in the diocese, had been forced to resign following allegations of repeated sexual harassment involving several women, including teenagers.
"Fantastic, I am overwhelmed, Karin Burstrand said of the decision. It will be exciting to return to Sweden and work in a new diocese."
- Accounts Payable to Bosch Rexroth »
- Analog Field Application Engineer »
- Corporate Sports Sales Executives »
- INTERNATIONAL SALES EXECUTIVE »
- Online Functional Designer »
- Regional Sales Manager - Nordic EMEA (Mobility) »