Bikini booster blamed for Swede’s burned boobs
Published: 16 May 12 09:45 CET
A Swedish woman who went on a sun-soaked retreat sporting a newly acquired bikini and came back with serious burns under her breasts is suspecting that the underwiring in her bra caused her bust injury.
Before jetting off, the woman, from Malmö in southern Sweden, had purchased the new bikini bathing suit at her local Kappahl woman’s fashion store.
But having arrived at her holiday destination, she found that wearing the bikini in the sun gave her serious burns just below her breasts. And according to her, it is the boosting metal underwiring of the bra that is the culprit of her burned boobs.
At Kappahl they are appalled that one of their products may have caused a customer bodily harm.
“We treat the fact that we have a customer who has been caused injury very seriously,” said head of information at Kappahl, Charlotte Högberg, to news agency TT.
The bra has since been taken away for testing and the company is awaiting results before they take any other precautions. The bikini is still on sale in Kappahl stores.
“It is a standard product and there is no history of anything similar happening before,” Högberg told TT.
The afflicted woman has been refunded by the company for the faulty bikini brassiere. It is not known as of yet whether she can expect any further compensation from the company.
- Accounting Specialist »
- Agency General Manager ? Scandinavia »
- C++ Developer »
- Chemical Plant Manager »
- Cloud Architect »
- Compliance Manager - Nordics »