Man dies after home nurse overdoses meds
Published: 19 Jul 08 10:44 CET
An 87-year-old man died after a home nurse mistakenly gave him six times the dose for his Alzheimer medicine.
The overdose caused liver failure and the man was taken into hospital where he died two and a half weeks later.
An official complaint has been filed with the National Board of Health and Welfare. According to Sydöstran newspaper, the report cites that the “temporary home nurse mistakenly dosed his meds”, giving the man six drug patches instead of one, for two days in a row.
The temp had apparently not received training as to how the patches work.
- Application Manager »
- C# Developer »
- Customer Service Representative - Distrupol »
- GE Money Bank söker en senior riskanalytiker »
- GLOBAL COMMODITY MANAGER (m/w) »
- IT Communication and Support Officer »