Betsson files complaint over Gaming Board fines
Published: 23 Jun 08 12:00 CET
The gaming company Betsson has reported Sweden’s Gaming Board to the Ombudsmen of Justice (JO) over the Board’s plans for fining Betsson after the company opened a store in Stockholm.
The Gaming Board claims the store violates Sweden’s gaming monopoly.
However Pontus Lindwall, CEO of Betsson, questions how the Board can base a decision on paragraph 38 of the lottery law when the law’s validity, according to him, has been called into question by both the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals.
Betsson claims that the Gaming Board has ignored both existing EU rules as well as Swedish law.
- Accounts Payable to Bosch Rexroth »
- Analog Field Application Engineer »
- Business Analyst, Karlskrona »
- CAE-Engineers within Solid Mechanics »
- Corporate Sports Sales Executives »
- Development Engineer ? Control Systems »